1. What precautions do I need to take when it is cold and freezes?
We recommend that you take the following actions when it is cold:
- Maintain the central heating on a low or normal setting to maintain a constant temperature of between 12-15 degrees centrigrade.
- During severe freezing temperatures locate and close the internal stop cock for all external taps and leave the external tap open.
- Cover external taps (bubble wrap is recommended) to protect from severe frost.
- Ensure you are familiar with the location of the mains stop cock in case you need to turn the water off