tel. 01462 455434
Please read this Policy carefully as it contains important information on:
• who we are,
• how and why we collect, store, use and share personal data,
• your rights in relation to your personal data,
• how to contact us and supervisory authorities if you need to report a concern about the way in which we process your data.
D + J Lettings & Property Management Ltd is a limited company: Registered Office: 4 Frederick Terrace, Frederick Place, Brighton, BN1 1AX Registered In England No. 06070499
D + J Lettings & Property Management owns and operates www.djlettings.co.uk (website).
What personal data do we collect?
We may collect some personal data, if you:
• complete a form on our Website;
• correspond with us by phone, e-mail, or in writing;
• sign up to receive our communications;
We may collect your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number(s), your requirements and property information.
How do we use your personal data?
When we ask you to supply us with personal data we do so to allow us to:
• to communicate with you so we can provide you with the products/services you have requested and to enable us to contact you regarding the payment for those products/services.
• send you newsletters, feedback from our visits, and sometimes also products and services offered by us, which may be of interest to you;
• communicating with you in relation to any issues, complaints, or disputes;
NOTE: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests as set out below.
Where required by law: we may also process your personal data if required by law, including responding to requests by government or law enforcement authorities, or for the prevention of crime or fraud.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that our staff protect your personal data and are aware of their information security obligations. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it.
We may also share your personal data with trusted third parties including:
• our financial processing system which holds invoicing and payment records;
• service providers contracted to us e.g. to market your property, support our IT services, customer relationship management, property maintenance and inspection reporting systems;
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
We will regularly review the privacy and security policies of these recipients which include obligations in relation to the confidentiality, security, and lawful processing of any personal data shared with them.
How long will we keep your personal data?
In order to comply with GDPR, your details will only be kept for the shortest time required. This will vary according to the type of data being held. Under the GDPR, you have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data:
Right to Access
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you by contacting us by email or letter. Please include with your request information that will enable us to verify your identity
Right to rectification
We aim to keep your personal data accurate and complete. We encourage you to contact us using to let us know if any of your personal data is not accurate and any changes that occur so that we can keep your personal data up-to-date.
Right to erasure
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data where, for example, the personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. This would include the right to no longer receive any information from D + J Lettings & Property Management Ltd in relation to the services we supply.
If you have any queries about this Policy, the way in which D + J Lettings & Property Management Ltd processes personal data, or about exercising any of your rights, please write to:
Data Protection Controller (Dharmesh Patadia), D + J Lettings & Property Management Ltd, 30 Sun Street, Hitchin, Herts. SG5 1AH
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of any complaint you also have the right to raise concerns at any time with The UK Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk