Fees and Charges for Tenants
Client Money Protection (CMP) provided by: ARLA
Independent redress provided by: TPOS
The following is a detailed list of Fees and Charges that may be incurred before, during and after a tenancy arranged by D+J Lettings and Property Management.
BEFORE YOU MOVE IN:
Set up & reference fee (tenant’s share) £180.00 (inc VAT) for each tenant
- Referencing for 1st tenant (identity, immigration and visa confirmation, financial credit checks, obtaining references from current or previous employers / landlords and any other relevant information to assess affordability) as well as contract negotiation (amending and agreeing terms) and arranging the tenancy and agreement
Guarantor Fee £180.00 (inc VAT) per guarantor (if required)
- Covering credit referencing and preparing a Deed of Guarantee as part of the Tenancy Agreement
- We ask you for a reservation deposit (£300 for properties under £1000, or 50% of the months rent for properties over £1000) to reserve the property whilst we conduct references and checks.
- Once paid no more viewings will be undertaken but we will continue to advertise the property in the event that your references are unsatisfactory or you do not proceed with the rental. The reservation deposit will be deducted from the initial deposit payment due on the property, once satisfactory references have been received.
ENDING YOUR TENANCY:
Check out Fee (tenant’s share) £ Sliding scale from Independent Inventory Company
- Attending the property to undertake an updated Schedule of Condition based on the original inventory and negotiating the repayment of the security deposit(s)
Future Landlord Reference Fee £30.00 (inc VAT) per reference request
- Collating information and preparing a reference for a future landlord or letting agent
Out of Hours Services £60.00 per hour (inc VAT) plus any actual costs incurred
- Where actions of the tenant results in the agent (or nominated contractor) attending the property, time to remedy the situation is charged at the hourly rate
Unpaid Rent / Returned Payments £30.00 (inc VAT) plus Interest at 8% above Bank of England Base Rate from date due
- To cover the added administration time to send a reminder letter
If you have any questions on our fees, please ask a member of staff.